You’re already a pretty good pilot keen to improve your XC flying.
- 16 to 23 June 2018 – Annecy
- 23 to 30 June 2018 – Annecy
- 1 to 8 September 2018 – Laragne
- 8 to 15 September 2018 – Greolieres and St Andre
This week-long course will cover everything you need to really boost your XC career.We’ll spend as much time flying as the weather allows, with morning and evening lectures, weather and task briefings.
- Mountain weather
- Forecasting and site selection
- Route planning
- Instruments and other XC kit
- XC decision making
- Flight logging and analysis
- Thermal sources and triggers
- Speed to fly
- Inversion busting
We have a low ratio of pilots to guides (3:1 or better) to make sure you have maximum input, can learn as much as possible from the week and clock up some real XC distance.
If you’re not sure if this is the course for you, contact us to have a chat about your experience and ambitions. As a general guide, this course is aimed at pilots with:
- at least 50 hours flying experience
- a good level of wing control, probably with SIV experience
- experience of thermalling
- Airport transfers
- All transport to take-off, retrieves, take-off fees
- Bed and breakfast accommodation (based on two sharing)
- Guiding and coaching from our team