2 Day Paragliding Course:
Welcome to Fly Sussex, we are passionate about giving you the best paragliding experience! Over the course of your two day paragliding introduction expect to get a taste of paragliding solo and the magic of free flight. You can choose to book your paragliding lessons at any time of the year on any day of the week. Your two paragliding lessons do not have to be done in consecutive days, the voucher is valid for one year so book in and come any time you want!
The two day paragliding voucher gives you the opportunity to make a start on your elementary pilot. The first lesson starts off at our shop before moving onto the hill where we begin with the basic launching and landing skills, we then move on to flying. Our aim on day two is to introduce turns and complete flights with higher ground clearance.
If at the end of your two day paragliding course if you want to continue with your training to elementary or club pilot level then the cost of your voucher can be deducted from the course as everything you have learnt already counts toward your BHPA qualification.
Your paragliding lesson usually goes as follows…
- Buy your paragliding voucher (online, over the phone or in person)
- Book a day of your choice
- Call the weather check voicemail the evening before your booking, get the go ahead and start time
- Meet at our shop on the A27 near Lewes, East Sussex
- Sign in and meet the instructors
- We head out as a convoy to one of our private training sites on the south downs
- Introductory safety briefing and parachute landing rolls
- Explanation of the equipment and site assessment
- Demonstration of how to launch the wing
- Time for you to have a go at practice launching on the flat!
- As the day goes on we aim to progress up the slope and achieve higher flights – weather depending
- You fly through the air with a massive grin on your face!
- If the weather is suitable you might also get a tandem flight*
- Debrief and back to the shop for tea and biscuits
- You get hooked on paragliding!
We are a British Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (BHPA) approved and regulated school, therefore all students must be a member of the BHPA whilst training. BHPA membership gives you third party insurance and allows you to gain the BHPA Club Pilot rating. You can join the BHPA at the start of your day.
Getting to and from the flying sites:
All our flying sites are out in the countryside with no public transport within 3 miles so if you have a car feel free to bring it but be prepared for a walk up to the take off area.
Once you have flown and wish to leave the site you have the option to head off in your own time. If you require a lift please give us advance notice.
We welcome your friends and family along to watch you fly. Please be aware there may be a walk up onto the hills involved, if you think this may be difficult for any of your group will can try to give them a lift but please give us advance notice. Well behaved dogs on leads are permitted onto the South Downs but please be aware there is live stock on all our flying sites.
WHEN YOU CAN FLY:
Here at Fly Sussex Paragliding we pride ourselves on being the only full time paragliding school in the UK who flies all year round 7 days a week (weather depending). We have even been know to fly on Christmas day! The ideal weather conditions are light winds with no persistent rain.
WHERE YOU FLY:
A massive advantage of learning to paraglide with Fly Sussex is we have all our own private training sites dotted around the beautiful South Downs national park. This enables you to fly in much safer uncrowded airspace on beginnerfriendly sites. We always begin the lesson at our shop on near Lewes on the A27, check out a map of where we are.
How would you like your paragliding voucher sent?
Please select in the drop down menu how you would like your voucher to be delivered.
- Full colour brochure (please read fully)
- 1 Day Paragliding Voucher
- Booking form
- Receipt of your purchase
Select email voucher and once a member of our team have checked your order we will email you a PDF voucher, booking form and link to download our info pack. Please bring a copy of your voucher and completed booking form with you on the day you fly.
Are you buying the voucher as a gift? If you would like a copy of the voucher sent directly to the recipient please include their email address in the field marked recipient email. You can then select a date for the voucher to be emailed out to them.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries. Check out our FAQs