Best Flying Sites Guide
The complete guide to paragliding and hang gliding in the Alps.
The Alps region offers great conditions above high mountains and amazing scenery to explore.
This complete guidebook for hang glider and paraglider pilots details the best flying sites in Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Switzerland and France, carefully selected for their unique advantages.
With large-format photos, detailed maps and 300 pages of info, this is the key to unlock the secrets of the whole Alps region.
- The best 110 flying sites
- Over 500 alternatives
- Illustrated maps
- GPS coordinates
- Launch and Landings
- Expert flying guidance
- Useful current info
- Alternative activities
- Hundreds of flying sites
- Each region broken down into accessible chunks
- Advice on where to fly
- Advice on how to fly each site
- Beautifully laid out and illustrated
- Fantastic value – over 300 pages
The Alps is a superb destination for hang glider and paraglider pilots. It offers great conditions above high mountains and the most amazing scenery to explore. It is the mecca of free-flying.
This guidebook by Olivier Guenay details the best flying sites in Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Switzerland and France, carefully selected for their unique advantages. With many large-format photos, detailed maps and almost 300 pages of information, this is the key to unlock the secrets of the whole Alps region.
- Complete coverage of 110 sites, including over 500 alternatives
- The most current information based on exhaustive research
- Illustrated maps showing the relevant free-flying details
- Official launch and landing areas, with GPS coordinates
- Expert guidance on flying, XC routes, cautions and tips
- Accommodation, directions, contact details and useful info
- Alternative sporting and cultural activities in every area
- Large format photos on art paper; beautifully bound in hardcover
About the Author:
Oliver Guenay is a journalist, author, traveller and flying guide. He explores the most remote regions of the world, yet always returns to the wonder of the Alps. Having flown countless XCs and bivouac routes, his knowledge of the region is unsurpassed.
His detailed guidebooks of the Alps and the Mediterranean
region are established bestsellers in German. This is the first time his work is available in English, in an entirely new edition.
“This book will hopefully be an inspiration and guide for your trips to the best flying areas in the region. Enjoy the variety and wonder of the Alps: the major playground of our sport.