CP Progression course – for qualified pilots
The CP progression course is a three day paragliding course for BHPA CP rated pilots. You must have your own equipment and be a full annual BHPA member. The main aim with the CP progression course is to improve your basic skills and to make you a better / safer pilot in the air and on the ground.
You will work with a Fly Sussex Instructor in smaller groups to develop your skills. Each individual pilot is assessed with the aim of improving his/her flying and ground handling and tackling areas where improvements are possible.
A mixture of our own private sites and Southern Hang Gliding Club sites.
CP Progression Requirements
- Your own wing, harness, reserve and helmet (radio is advisable)
- Annual BHPA membership – Bring your card as proof
CP Progression Aims:
- To make you a better pilot in the air and on the ground
- Flying in a club environment
- Expanded understanding of site assessment, weather, glider control
Ground handling skills:
Stall point appreciation
Where we can and can’t fly
Sea breeze – land breeze
Principles of flight