Hanwag Super Fly GTX
The Hanwag Super Fly GTX are highly durable premium paragliding boots that have been a favorite for nearly 20 years amongst the free flying community. Hanwag boots are made of only the finest European grain leathers and materials, and are extraordinarily comfortable.
Hanwag are renowned for exceptional build quality and design. The Hanwag Super Fly GTX are the best selling paragliding boots for good reason, expect yours to last for many years.
- Click Clamps (clamping lace rings) for two-zone lacing: enable different lacing tensions, e.g. tighter at the fore-/mid foot and looser around the ankle during mountain ascents
- High, protective rubber rand
- Cemented construction, easy to resole
- Durably waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® lining
- Cold insulation
- No open eyelets or lace hooks to prevent line tangling
- Easy Roller: smooth ball bearing lacing system
- Flex zone at heel
- Graded memory insole for superior shape retention – always returns to its original form
- Loop at heel for easy slip-on
- Shock Absorb: additional shock absorber in the heel
- Vibram sole
- Made in Germany
- Weight in g (shoe size 7-7.5): 950
- Upper: cow hide leather
- Sole: Vibram® Aeroplan
- Sole Features: EVA rubber outsole, Full-length TPU reinforcement, Good traction and friction
- Lining: GORE-TEX® laminate
- Gender: Unisex
- Named after the Italian “Vitale Bramani”. Vibram is probably the world’s best known manufacturer of high-end sole units.
- Patented ultra-lightweight microporous expanded PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) membrane. Durably waterproof and very breathable.
- Insulated: Additional insulation in the upper and the sole unit.
- An all-round rubber rand, handcrafted around the lower part of the upper. It protects the leather from scree and rocks and significantly increases the boot’s stability and durability.
- Reduced Seams: Fewer seams reduce the risk of rubbing and pressure points. HANWAG uses a special technique, which makes it possible to reduce the number of seams. It might sound simple, but it involves very complex craftsmanship.
- Thanks to their cemented construction or double stitched construction our boots and shoes can be resoled as many times as required.
- Increased comfort and enhanced air circulation due to a pumping action in the tongue and cushioning while walking.
- Special clamping eyelets enable different lacing tensions at the fore-/mid foot and around the ankle (2-zone lacing).