Independence Evo Cross Reserve
The Independence Evo Cross reserve parachute combines the lowest sink rates, the highest pendulum stability and the fastest opening time in one rescue system. The future is square!
The REvo(lution) continues with the Independence Evo Cross reserve parachute!
Gone are the days of slow opening times, oscillating and rapidly falling pilots and rescue systems which do not open in a spiral drive.
The Independence Evo Cross is a reserve parachute, based on the principle of a so-called “cross canopy”. This design has been used for many years for military purposes. Independence took the basic shape of a square canopy and adapted it to the needs and peculiarities of paragliding sport to develop the Evo Cross.
Because of the slight asymmetric canopy design and air outlets on all corners exceptional oscillation stability, combined with a low sink rate could be reached. The reserve has up to 15% less sink rate as required on the very strict certification test of EN12491.
A maximum opening speed, which is close to the theoretical minimum, was realized by a very low but efficient canopy height. The short system length as well as the easy way of packing helped Independence to beat the required EN opening time standards by up to 40%.
Key features of the Independence Evo Cross series:
- Extremely fast opening time, up to 40% below the approved limit of 5 sec
- Opening time close to the theoretical minimum
- Lowest sink rate, up to 15% below the certification limits of 5,5 m/s
- No oscillation
- High opening safety, even at negative rotation and spiral dives
- Low weight because of extremely lightweight and resistant materials
- Fabric in orange signal colour
- According LTF/ 91/09 and EN 12491 tested
Signal colour orange:
An considerable safety-advantage is the fabric-colour of the Annular Evo! The signal-colour orange can be seen perfectly on snow, forest and rocks, because the orange colour offers a very good contrast on nearly every background!