Nova Altus – lightness meets safety
At only 3.5 kilograms the ALTUS is extraordinarily light, extremely comfortable and for its class, has a unique level of safety: under the seat is a ready for action Pre-inflated Airbag. This airbag is shaped using a durable foam mesh. Once in the air, the airbag also supports the pilot’s back.
More safety. The ALTUS is fitted with an innovative Pre-inflated Airbag. When the harness is taken out of the bag, a durable and mechanically robust foam mesh starts to expand, which pre-inflates the airbag. Once in the air, this protection is augmented with a thick cushion of air around the pilot’s back. The parachute container is fitted within the airbag in order to minimise injury in the case of an impact where the reserve has not been deployed.
A summary of the most important points:
- High passive safety despite little weight, thanks to the Pre-inflated airbag.
- The rescue container is enclosed within the airbag; the parachute handle is individually adjustable.
- The left hang point is red, the right green – this helps to avoid incorrectly connecting the risers. In the PRION 3 this colour scheme has also been used for the risers.
- The leg loops are also differentiated by colour: left is green, right is red.
- The leg and chest straps are separate in order to improve the pilot’s feeling of connection to the harness and additionally to avoid the leg loops getting in the way during groundhandling.
- The buckle on the chest strap is connected to a leg loop with a safety strap.
- A handy pouch can be used to store a camera or muesli bars – it is within easy reach and secured with a zip.
- A piece of Velcro on the shoulder strap permits easy attachment of a mini-vario or SPOT device.
- The panel on the bottom of the harness can be replaced – any evidence of an untidy landing can be removed easily
|Maximum clip-in weight||130 kg (LTF)|
|Energy absorbtion value||g||24|