The Nova Altus harness is lightweight, designed for everyday use with a pre-inflated airbag. Once out of the bag a foam mesh starts to expand and fill with air, this will also support the pilots back during flight, making the Nova Altus comfortable with a well-thought-out combination of turbulence dampening and the agility required for precise wing control.
The ALTUS is suitable for a diverse range of pilots. It offers a high degree of passive safety combined with little weight and excellent flying characteristics. In contrast to most reversible harnesses, it is intended for everyday use.
- High passive safety despite little weight, thanks to the Pre-inflated airbag.
- The rescue container is enclosed within the airbag; the parachute handle is individually adjustable.
- The left hang point is red, the right green – this helps to avoid incorrectly connecting the risers. In the PRION 3 this colour scheme has also been used for the risers.
- The leg loops are also differentiated by colour: left is green, right is red.
- The leg and chest straps are separate in order to improve the pilot’s feeling of connection to the harness and additionally to avoid the leg loops getting in the way during groundhandling.
- The buckle on the chest strap is connected to a leg loop with a safety strap.
- A handy pouch can be used to store a camera or muesli bars – it is within easy reach and secured with a zip.
- A piece of Velcro on the shoulder strap permits easy attachment of a mini-vario or SPOT device.
- The panel on the bottom of the harness can be replaced – any evidence of an untidy landing can be removed easily
|Maximum clip-in weight||130 kg (LTF)|
|Energy absorbtion value||g||24|