SkyBean ChaseCam is a unique product designed specifically for paragliders. Record awesome videos and photos from behind the paragliding/paramotor pilot. The shape is fine tuned to achieve as stable a picture as possible without electronic stabilisation. SkyBean have spent hundreds of hours developing this mount using aerodynamic simulations and a wind tunnel, the SkyBean ChaseCam will finally let you capture your flight safely from a different perspective than allowed by fixed mounts.
- Suitable for various action cameras – GoPro Hero 3, 3+, 4 and GoPro Session (ChaseCam does not include GoPro camera).
- A simple, but sophisticated device, so everyone is able to launch smoothly and safely.
- Constructed from lightweight and durable plastic.
- ChaseCam is absolutely safe to use and does not affect the quality of flight.
- Stable recording from the ChaseCam is achieved by using an aerodynamically stable profile, which was developed during hours of CFD simulations and with practical tests in windtunnel.
- Camera case is made from tough material, which protects it during “non ideal” takeoffs and landings. Wings are made from flexible material and are assembled with laces, so it is durable.
The SkyBean ChaseCam weighs only 170 grams. In normal flight (aprox. 40km/h), it produces about 1.5N brake force, enough to fly at a safe distance from lines.
SkyBean ChaseCam is connected to the canopy with a bungee rope, stretched only 13% during normal flight. This provides extra safety in the case of tangling up in lines.
- Head – camera case (standard GoPro size or GoPro Session size)
- Bungee rope with clip for canopy connection
- Wings (ChaseCam body)
- Laces (ChaseCam body)
- Velcro (for harness launch)
ChaseCam is produced in 3D printer, therefore its surface is not perfectly smooth. There are some small dots and dashes that are not possible to remove. Those do not affect usability of the device.
SkyBean ChaseCam will become your personal cameraman, which will record your flying adventures like nobody else. For best stability and quality of capture, please be sure to make setting procedure described in this video and user guide.
The universal mount ChaseCam model has an universal platform that allows you to mount almost every action camera. Since each camera has a different weight and dimensions, adjustments such as balancing and correcting rope length will be necessary. Universal platform serves for sticking an adhesive camera mount.
Once you place your camera on universal platform, ChaseCam must be balanced by adhesive weights. There are 3 weights (2x 5g, 1x 10g) in the package.
There are 2 sets of wings in the package – bigger and smaller ones
- If your camera weight is up to 100g – you will use smaller wings
- If your camera weight is over 100g – you will use bigger wings