Tandem Paragliding Flight
Have you always dreamt of flying? Enjoy an experience flight with a Fly Sussex instructor and soar over the beautiful english countryside. A tandem flight on a paraglider involves you flying with a fully qualified BHPA approved pilot sat in the driving seat behind you. All Fly Sussex tandem equipment is the very best money can buy and undergoes rigorous safety testing.
We have a team of full time BHPA qualified paragliding instructors who have your safety and enjoyment as number one priority. All our instructors are experienced paraglider pilots who have flown all over the world and are obsessed with paragliding! Our chief flying instructor Tim Cox was awarded the Royal Aero club lifetime achievement award for his contribution towards paragliding. Feel free to call or pop in and meet the team and have a chat with one of our instructors. Female pilots are available on request.
How it works…
- Purchase a voucher online, over the phone 01273858170 or visit our shop
- Book in to our diary on your chosen date
- Call our weather check voicemail the evening before your flight for confirmation and start time. Please note start and finish times vary according to the weather. If the weather is not suitable then just rebook.
- Arrive at our shop with your voucher and sign in at the front desk
- We head out in a convoy to one of our flying sites up on the South Downs, feel free to bring your own car but be prepared to walk up to the take off area. If you need transport then please let us know in advance.
- When the conditions are suitable you will have a briefing with your pilot about the take off, flight and landing
- You clip into the harness and we take off!
- You fly through the air with a smile on your face!
- Depending on what you feel happy with and the weather conditions we aim to fly for approximately 20 minutes. If this is not possible we will do several shorter flights
- When the flight is complete you can have a certificate to take home!
Getting to and from the flying sites:
All our flying sites are out in the countryside with no public transport within 3 miles so if you have a car feel free to bring it but be prepared for a walk up to the take off area.
Once you have flown and wish to leave the site you have the option to head off in your own time. If you require a lift please give us advance notice.
We welcome your friends and family along to watch you fly. Please be aware there may be a walk up onto the hills involved, if you think this may be difficult for any of your group will can try to give them a lift but please give us advance notice. Well behaved dogs on leads are permitted onto the South Downs but please be aware there is live stock on all our flying sites.
WHEN YOU CAN FLY:
Here at Fly Sussex Paragliding we pride ourselves on being the only full time paragliding school in the UK who flies all year round 7 days a week (weather depending). We have even been know to fly on Christmas day! The ideal weather conditions are light winds with no persistent rain.
WHERE YOU FLY:
A massive advantage of learning to paraglide with Fly Sussex is we have all our own private training sites dotted around the beautiful South Downs national park. This enables you to fly in much safer uncrowded airspace on beginnerfriendly sites. We always begin the lesson at our shop on near Lewes on the A27, check out a map of where we are.
How would you like your paragliding voucher sent?
Please select in the drop down menu how you would like your voucher to be delivered.
- Full colour brochure (please read fully)
- 1 Day Paragliding Voucher
- Booking form
- Receipt of your purchase
Select email voucher and once a member of our team have checked your order we will email you a PDF voucher, booking form and link to download the brochure. Please bring a copy of your voucher and completed booking form with youon the day you fly.
We are a British Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (BHPA) approved and regulated school, therefore all students must be a member of the BHPA whilst training. BHPA membership gives you third party cover. The cost of this is included in the voucher. First party insurance is optional and can be taken out on the day when signing in. Please note that all one day paragliding vouchers are valid for nine months from the date of purchase and are non refundable.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries. Check out our FAQs