You’re already a pretty good pilot keen to improve your XC flying.
This week-long course will cover everything you need to really boost your XC career.We’ll spend as much time flying as the weather allows, with morning and evening lectures, weather and task briefings.
- Mountain weather
- Forecasting and site selection
- Route planning
- Instruments and other XC kit
- XC decision making
- Flight logging and analysis
- Thermal sources and triggers
- Speed to fly
- Inversion busting
We have a low ratio of pilots to guides (3:1 or better) to make sure you have maximum input, can learn as much as possible from the week and clock up some real XC distance.
If you’re not sure if this is the course for you, contact us to have a chat about your experience and ambitions. As a general guide, this course is aimed at pilots with:
- at least 50 hours flying experience
- a good level of wing control, with SIV experience
- good level of thermalling skills
- Airport transfers
- All transport to take-off, retrieves, take-off fees
- Bed and breakfast accommodation (based on two sharing)
- Guiding and coaching from our team
- Lunches and evening meals (usually group meals either at restaurants or in the accommodation)
- Lift passes (if applicable)