One day solo paragliding voucher
Welcome to the ultimate Paragliding experience… FLY SOLO IN A DAY!
Welcome to Fly Sussex, we are passionate about giving you the best paragliding experience! In just one day you can expect to get a taste of paragliding solo and the magic of free flight.
We are one of the UK’s longest running paragliding schools, established for 25 years. Our paragliding shop is based on the A27 outside Lewes, 20 minutes from Brighton and 1 hour from London.
- Weekday vouchers are redeemable Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays
- Any day vouchers can be used on any day, Monday to Sunday including Bank Holidays
- One day vouchers are valid for nine months from the date of purchase
- Vouchers are non refundable after 14 days from purchase or after the first time booking in.
- If you don’t see your order confirmation in your inbox please check your junk mail. Contact us if you need your voucher re-sending.
Your paragliding lesson usually goes as follows…
- Buy your paragliding voucher (online, over the phone or in person)
- Book a day of your choice
- Call the weather check voicemail the evening before your booking, get the go ahead and start time (which varies according to the weather)
- Meet at our shop on the A27 near Lewes, East Sussex
- Sign in and meet the instructors
- We head out as a convoy to one of our private training sites on the South Downs
- Introductory safety briefing and parachute landing rolls
- Explanation of the equipment and site assessment
- Demonstration of how to launch the wing
- Time for you to have a go at practice launching your own wing on the flat
- As the day goes on we aim to progress up the slope and achieve higher flights – weather depending
- You fly through the air with a massive grin on your face!
- If the weather is suitable you might also get a tandem flight*
- Debrief and back to the shop for tea and biscuits
- Everything you have done so far counts towards your club pilot rating so you can sign up for the course and we will deduct the price of your first day!
WHEN YOU CAN FLY:
Here at Fly Sussex Paragliding we pride ourselves on being the only full time paragliding school in the UK who flies all year round 7 days a week (weather depending). We have even been know to fly on Christmas day! The ideal weather conditions are light winds with no persistent rain.
WHO YOU FLY WITH:
We have a team of full time BHPA qualified paragliding instructors who have your safety and enjoyment as number one priority. All our instructors are experienced paraglider pilots who have flown all over the world and are obsessed with paragliding! Our chief flying instructor Tim Cox was awarded the Royal Aero club lifetime achievement award for his contribution towards paragliding. Feel free to call or pop in and meet the team and have a chat with one of our instructors.
WHERE YOU FLY:
A massive advantage of learning to paraglide with Fly Sussex is we have all our own private training sites dotted around the beautiful South Downs national park. This enables you to fly in much safer uncrowded airspace on beginner friendly sites.
We always begin the lesson at our shop on near Lewes on the A27, check out a map of where we are. you will then need to drive yourself to the flying site which is no more than 15 minutes away. Please be aware that we fly from lots of different sites depending on the wind direction, all the students park at bottom of the slope and we walk up to the training site.
Receiving your voucher:
Once a member of our team have checked your order we will email you a PDF voucher, and links to a booking form and info pack. Please bring a copy of your voucher (printed or on your phone) and completed booking form with you on the day you fly.
We are a British Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (BHPA) approved and regulated school, therefore all students must be a member of the BHPA whilst training. BHPA membership gives you third party cover. The cost of this is included in the voucher. First party insurance is optional and can be taken out on the day when signing in. Please note that all one day paragliding vouchers are valid for nine months from the date of purchase and are non refundable.
The windsock cafe is now serving food from the forecourt of our premises. If you would like to order your Paragliders Packed Lunch you can do so here. Please note: Packed lunches are not available to order on the day, pre-orders only please
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries. Check out our FAQs