Become a better pilot and fly like a sky god!
Fifty ways to fly better is written by the best paragliding pilots ever to fly this earth. Learn key skills to help you master cross county flying, thermalling technique, meteorology and psychology of flying. You will go far!
Do you know the difference between a ‘sticky’ and a ‘fizzy’ flying day? Want to learn to climb faster with the turn-reversal technique, or understand how to surf through the mountains, choosing the right lines rather than getting hammered by the valley wind?
Fifty Ways to Fly Better
Fifty Ways to Fly Better is essential for all pilots who want to reach their potential. It is packed with the latest techniques and thinking from Bruce Goldsmith and some of the world’s best paragliding pilots and instructors. The book draws on 20 years’ worth of Icaristics, Bruce’s well-regarded column in Cross Country magazine, and combines it with lots of completely new material – all revised and updated for today’s pilots.
Fifty Ways to Fly Better includes:
- Heaps of tips to help you climb fast and efficiently
- Psychological techniques to help you perform at your best
- In-depth guides to flying the flatlands and mountains
- Advice to keep you safe while flying near clouds and terrain
- Skills and tactics to help you fly bigger cross country distances
- Straight-forward illustrations to help you maximize flying conditions
- Simple explanations of diverse wind and thermal flow patterns and structures
Includes chapters by: Ian Blackmore, Josh Cohn, John Coutts, Bob Drury, Jonny Durand, Ed Ewing, Kelly Farina, Will Gadd, Ant Green, Steve Ham, Heike Hamann, Greg Hamerton, Alex Hofer, Marcus King, Patrick Laverty, Antoine Laurens, Horacio Llorens, Dustin Martin, Hugh Miller, Russell Ogden, Honza Rejmanek, Adrian Thomas, Jay Rebbeck, Raul Rodriguez, Jocky Sanderson, Pal Takats, Karel Vejchodsky, Godfrey Wenness and Rob Whittall.