The Camino – ready for adventure both on the trail and in the sky. It offers an alluring blend of smooth, agile handling and electrifying real-world performance.
The Camino will suit pilots who not only like to fly far, but who also love adventure, whether that’s hike ‘n fly, vol biv’ or simply just travelling fast and light.
- agile, dynamic handling
- smooth inflation and easy take-off in all wind conditions
- excellent performance over the entire speed range especially in turbulence and headwinds
- rapid and smooth acceleration on bar
- very stable for the class, especially on bar
- well-damped pitch control
- excellent climbing ability
- light (4.15kg M size)
* Quoted weight with optional light Dyneema risers (200g)
Agility and handling
The Camino is agile in the air, smooth to inflate on take-off and naturally damped in pitch and turbulence. Like its counterpart the Bonanza 2, the Camino offers great climbing ability. The lighter fabric increases precision, which makes climbing as efficient and enjoyable as ever. The Camino seems to have a sixth sense to sniff out thermals by gently guiding you towards the lift.
Performance and stability at speed
The Camino has an internal construction optimised for stability and performance rather than absolute lightness. Most of the three cell blocks are connected with “cross-beams”, which help keep a perfect arc even when the speed bar is pushed to the maximum. This helps the wing accelerate rapidly and smoothly whilst also offering good damping. In addition, the upgraded smart riser system — by removing the bridging between B and C risers — makes rear riser control even easier. Effective speed bar operation and performance is key for long XCs, and the Camino makes short work of long, fast glides.
Natural pitch damping
As lighter fabric means less inertia, the Camino has excellent natural pitch damping characteristics. The wing smoothly absorbs turbulence, increasing your performance and decreasing your workload. Inflation on takeoff is smooth and progressive even if you pull a little over-enthusiastically. Overall, the Camino is easy to fly compared to the level of performance on offer.
- Optimized airfoil with Equalized Pressure Technology (EPT) for stability and performance
- Unsheathed aramid lines with optimized diameters
- 3 risers / 3 lines spanwise
- Colour-coded stabilo line for easy identification
- Optimized internal construction with “cross-beams” to give better stability and performance
- Optimized sail tension on the leading edge
- Mini-ribs on the trailing edge improve handling and performance
- Speed system with Harken pulleys
- Gathering (reefing) system on the trailing edge
- Fabric selected for the lightest weight: 34g/m² front top surface and 27g/m² top surface rear and bottom surface
- Smart riser system for effective rear (“C”) riser steering
- Also available with optional dyneema risers (200g weight saving)
Upper surface leading edge: Porcher Skytex, 34 g/m²
Upper surface: Porcher Skytex, 27 g/m²
Lower surface: Porcher Skytex, 27 g/m²
Upper: Edelrid 8000 / U-050 / 070 / 090 (unsheathed aramid)
Middle: Edelrid 8000 / U-050 / 070 / 090 (unsheathed aramid)
Main: Edelrid 8000 / U-070 / 090 / 130 / 190 / 230 / 280 (unsheathed aramid)