An SIV course is pretty much the most fun way there is to become a safer pilot!
SIV – Oludeniz, Turkey
- 1 to 8 October 2017 – Places available
- 8 to 15 October 2017 – Places available
- April/May 2018 – Places available
Our instructors take you through the skills you need to fly safely in all sorts of different conditions – particularly those you’re likely to encounter while flying cross country – or anywhere in thermals.
The course will take you through the essentials you need to safely pilot your wing in different conditions such as dealing with collapses, using the energy of your wing, controlling pitch and descent techniques. For those who want to go further, we will move on to stalls, wingovers and more advanced manouevres.
You’ll learn about the limits of your wing and ultimately, be more prepared for whatever it throws at you!
All this takes place in the safest possible conditions – over water with a rescue boat on hand – in the stunning setting of Oludeniz.
You don’t need masses of experience before you do an SIV. The course will be adapted to suit your level. It’s never too early to start learning to be a safer pilot – as long as you can take off and land safely without radio guidance.
If you’ve done some SIV before and would like to work on your acro moves, contact us to discuss your training programme.
- Individually tailored SIV tuition
- Safety boat in the water at all times during manoeuvres
- Detailed pre-flight briefings
- Video debrief
- Transport to launch on SIV days
- Flights to Dalaman Airport
- Airport Transfers
- Forestry Commission tax – approx TL20 for each trip to take-off
- Flights and accommodation
- Thompson, Monarch, Thomas Cook and Easyjet all fly direct to Dalaman Airport from Gatwick and other London Airport.
- Accommodation starts from around £10 per night.